How To Install a Bidet Toilet Seat
As our name implies, the process for installing your bidet toilet seat is very simple. Depending on your ability to use tools it will take anywhere from 20 minutes to one hour. Your bidet toilet seat comes with an installation kit with all the easy to fit plumbing parts you need to install a unit. You simply need to provide a toilet, an electrical outlet (if you purchased an electrical bidet toilet seat) and maybe a small adjustable wrench.
To start things off, simply watch the above video (less than 3 minutes). Even though this video demonstrates the installation of a Brondell Swash bidet seat, it really can be applied to most bidet seat models on the market. The only big difference will be what kind of T-connector they come with. Some bidets come with a ⅞” T-connector that installs under the toilet tank and some come with a ½” T-connector that installs on the wall valve that supplies your toilet.
Step by step instructions
- Turn off the valve that supplies water to your toilet and then flush the toilet until the tank is empty.
- Discount the water line from the wall valve to the bottom of the toilet tank. Please note, if there is still water leaking out of the wall valve, make sure it is tight enough and if that does not work, you will need to replace the wall valve (it is very rare that this happens). If you are in a hurry, you can turn off the main water valve to your home, but will still need to replace the wall valve later on.
- Time to install the T-connector, if it’s ½” connect it to your wall valve, but if it’s ⅞” connect it to the underside of your toilet. Be sure not over tighten the connector. If you have the ⅞”, you may need to hold the inside of the toilet tank water inlet line, because sometimes it moves and you will need to hold it still while you tighten the connector.
- Now connect the supplied water hose on the wall valve to the underside of the toilet tank or ⅞” T-connector, then connect the supplied water line to the T-connector.
- Now remove the old toilet seat and clean around the toilet bowl, so your new bidet has a nice clean resting place.
- Take the supplied mounting brackets and install them in the same holes that were holding your toilet seat and tighten. At this point don’t worry about straitening them, well fix that later.
- Take the bidet seat out of the box and slide it onto the mounting plate. When you have it fully engaged on to the mounting plate, you should hear a click, letting you know you did the job correctly. Now loosen the bolts on the mounting plate and move your bidet until you are happy with it resting place, then re-tighten.
- Now connect the water line to your bidet toilet seat, but don’t over tighten.
- Turn on the water and check all connections to make sure the are not leaking.
- If you have a model that has a remote, install the batteries first before proceeding.
- Make sure that the water heater is in the off position.
- Plug your bidet into the wall outlet. You will hear a bunch of sounds and this is normal.
- While holding your hand over the marked area of the seat sensor that is on the right side as you face the unit, you will now need to press the rear cleaning button on the remote.
Note: you will need to keep your hand over the seat sensor while doing this, because if you remove your hand, the unit will stop spraying water. Depending on the unit you have, it could take up to 30 seconds before the water starts coming out of the nozzle and once it does you can remove your hand the the water will stop.
Also, make sure you have your hand over the nozzle so it does not spray you in the face. Unless, of course, you need a little face wash. :)
- All you need to do is set the water and seat temperature and you're good to go.
- Congratulations! You are now done and ready to use your bidet toilet seat and enjoy all the benefits it has to offer! Go ahead...don't by shy...you know you want to be the first person to try your new bidet toilet seat. :)
- If you could be so kind as to leave a review on your bidet toilet seat and encourage others to try it as well it will be most appreciated by all.
As always, should you have any questions, simply contact us. It's simply part of the 5-Star Customer Service Simply Bidet provides. You will never be left alone.